– The Combination does not show up at the Event
– The Combination decides not to participate in the Competition at or prior to the First (Pre-Ride) Inspection in accordance with Article 809.5.3.
– The Combination decides not to continue in the Competition in accordance with Article 809.5.4.
– A Combination is Disqualified in accordance with Article 809.5.2.
– A reason for Disqualification must be communicated to the FEI via the official results and
reports. The reason for Disqualification will be verified with the Officials concerned.
– A Horse may be Disqualified and also designated as Failed to Qualify for a veterinary or other
reason (see list under FTQ below).
FNR: Finished Not Ranked
– FNR means that the Combination has (or is deemed to have) completed a Competition (including
all Horse Inspections) but is not ranked in the final classification (see e.g. Article 820.2
regarding an error on course).
– A Combination may be designated FNR with the approval of the President of the Ground Jury
and/or the Technical Delegate. The Officials must provide reasons for the FNR designation.
– If in addition to the FNR designation the Combination receives a certificate of completion
from the Officials at the Event, the Competition will count as a ‘successful completion’ for
FTQ: Failed to Qualify
The FTQ designation must be accompanied by one or more of the additional codes below:
– SP: Speed (not respecting any applicable speed restriction)
– GA: Irregular gait
– ME: Metabolic
– MI: Minor Injury (e.g. slight soreness, wound, etc.)
– SI-MUSCU: Serious Injury (musc uloskeletal injury)
– SI-META: Serious Injury (metabolic injury)
– CI: Catastrophic Injury
– OT: Out of Time (failure to complete a Loop within the allocated time, but passes the Horse
Inspection after that Loop)
– FTC: Failed to Complete (non-completion of a Loop, but passes the Horse Inspection after that
Loop). The Officials must provide reasons for the FTC designation, and an explanation of what
happened to the Combination.
The above FTQ codes may be cumulative, as shown below:
code #1 SP GA ME MI SI-MUSCU SI-META Cl OT FTC
code #2 SP GA ME MI
code #3 SP